Thursday, November 4, 2010

Can You Plan for Death? Yes and No

Can you plan for death? You will never be able to know when the day will come but yes you can definitely plan for it. Over time you'll notice a lot of references to our site My Digital Afterlife , so in case you are wondering who exactly we are and what do we do, this post is for you.

First thing first.

What do we do?
Your My Digital Afterlife account can  upload pictures, video, and documents which can be attached to letters and assigned to anyone. They will receive it upon your death, if they choose, and they can keep their page with everything you give them for a long as they like. Leave letters that tells what you know of your past, your history, or anything you choose to write about. Choose the asset section that allows you to leave informational assets such as social media accounts, email, contact information, etc.  

Who are we?
Our site is a catalyst where your future and past meet and can be preserved they way you like for whomever you like. We can be used for specific situations or just because. My Digital Afterlife was developed to ensure that anything you have to say that can in any way aid in the comfort of those you love, can be said and delivered to your recipient when they need it most.

We are a company born from people just like you, with jobs, families, and a story. You can be a father, a mother, a soldier , a friend, someone's child, you can be anyone and you can leave something for everyone.

Our site is designed to be easy to use, secure, and private giving you unlimited storage and recipients, no matter what plan you choose. Know what your getting with four tutorial videos that show you a glimpse of each aspect of what your account does, starting with registration and ending with the recipients pages. 

Thinking about what will happen when I no longer with my children motivates me to find ways to make it easier on them.

For me,  I wanted to know that my children and husband will each a receive a letter when I die that will spell out for them just what they mean to me. If they are old enough I will assign it to them personally and if they aren't I will send them all to my husband for them to have. I hope that it will be something that they can keep so that when I am not with them they will have a piece of me to carry with them. I want them to know they are loved more than anything.

I will also tell my children what I know about my family- where they came from and what became of them. I will also leave letters for my few closest friends as well and all the account information I have for my spouse.

Naming your lawyer as a recipient and providing any information that is constantly changing that they will require in the account for them, will save you from billable hours everytime you reset your password. With My Digital Afterlife a recipient of your choosing can receive all of your social media and email accounts with instructions for what you like to happen to them.

Receiving letters or notes personal value will be no less important to your family and friend than having a will. No amount of words will cure the grief but I believe wholeheartedly it will help. Have the peace of mind in knowing that those you love know always know how much you love them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment